Back-end / full-stack software engineer
About this role
As our Backend Developer, you will be designing, developing, and deploying software solutions that power various products at stake.fish. In this role, you will work closely with a group of talented Product Managers, UX Designers, and other Engineers to build the next generation of staking products. Your work will help with securing a wide range of blockchain networks and contribute to the bedrock of decentralization.
What will you do?
- Build new services that meet critical product and business needs using TypeScript and node
- Develop smart contracts and services that interact with the smart contracts
- Build data ETL pipelines using Python
- Create scalable systems to solve different problems using modern cloud technology and industry best practices
- Create server code that is extensible, well-tested, and secure
- Leverage automated testing, CI/CD, container orchestration, and other modern development techniques
- Design database schema that is performant, scalable, and maintainable
- Proactively make suggestions and challenge the status quo for improving our products and internal processes
What excites us about you?
- You have extensive experience in software engineering
- You have a track record of designing, creating, and maintaining production services
- You are passionate about blockchain technology and a decentralized future, and you are familiar with the technologies behind blockchains.
- Familiar with Typescript and node; have past experience with at least one of Python/C++/Java/Go/Rust.
- Familiar with cloud services (such as AWS)
- Familiar with Docker
- Able to work independently and set up an efficient development environment
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- You are willing to spend a part of your time working from our Silicon Valley office and the rest of your time working remotely.
What will be great to have?
- You are contributing to the open-source community
- You have working experience in a startup environment
- You have built financial, high reliability, or security systems
- You have experience with smart contracts / solidity (this is a plus but not required, and we will be happy to bring you up to speed on the job)
LocationPalo Alto, CA USA
Why join us, you ask?
We are a truly global team! We are a team coming from more than 12 different countries and 8 timezones. We have a collective mission, to build towards a decentralized future and bring unique value to all current and future users of crypto.About Us