About this role
As our Data Engineer, you will be working on ingesting, aggregating, and analyzing transaction data from various blockchains. In this role, you will work closely with a group of talented product managers, UX designers, and other engineers to build the next generation of blockchain data products. Your work will help with securing a wide range of blockchain networks and contribute to the bedrock of decentralization.
What will you do?
- Crawl and ingest data from various blockchains
- Build data ETL pipelines using Python
- Work with various databases, such as BigQuery and PostgreSQL
- Analyze and visualize data with Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to design and build blockchain data products
- Create scalable systems to solve different problems using modern cloud technology and industry best practices
- Design database schema that is performant, scalable, and maintainable
- Proactively make suggestions and challenge the status quo for improving our products and internal processes
What excites us about you?
- You have extensive experience in software engineering - You have extensive experience aggregating and analyzing data - Familiar with working inside a Linux shell environment - You are passionate about blockchain technology and a decentralized future, and you are familiar with the technologies behind blockchains - Able to work independently and set up an efficient development environment - You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns - You are willing to spend a part of your time working from our Silicon Valley office and the rest of your time working remotely
What will be great to have?
- You are contributing to the open-source community
- You have working experience in a startup environment
- You are familiar with working with AWS
- You are familiar with transaction data on the blockchains (e.g. think etherscan/mintscan)
LocationRemote - Singapore
Why join us, you ask?
We are a truly global team! We are a team coming from more than 12 different countries and 8 timezones. We have a collective mission, to build towards a decentralized future and bring unique value to all current and future users of crypto.About Us